Looking for the perfect mix of cobbler and cake that can be prepared in a flash? This recipe is a perfect cobbler style dessert that combines sweet, tart and some crunch for a great end to your meal!
- 3 cups thinly sliced apples (Granny Smith or Honeycrisp)
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat your Dutch oven by placing it on a bed of hot coals.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the apples, cranberries, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract.
- Pour the apple-cranberry mixture into the Dutch oven.
- In the same bowl, mix together the flour, oats, and brown sugar.
- Pour the melted butter over the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture over the apples in the Dutch oven.
- Place the Dutch oven on a bed of hot coals and cover with a lid.
- Cook for about 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- Let cool for few minutes, then enjoy!