A quicker bread recipe using instant yeast that cuts down on rise time and gets you a delicious and simple bread. Only 4 Ingredients and well worth the work.
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Package (.25Oz) INSTANT/Fast Rise/Bread Machine Dry Yeast (not "Active" as this requires Activation or Proofing)
- 1 1/4C Warm Water (120-130F Degrees)
- In Mixing Bowl, Combine Flour, Salt and Instant Dry Yeast
- Slowly Add Warm Water and Mix with Spoon or Spatula until combined to a dough that is sticky yet uniform in consistency
- Cover bowl with a damp towel and let rest for 10 Minutes (dough will not rise yet)
- Add an additional 1/4c of flour spread evenly across a cutting board or large piece of parchment paper
- Move dough from bowl onto floured surface and begin to knead and stretch dough, adding flour only until dough is no longer sticky
- Grease your Cast Iron Dutch Oven with a thin layer of vegetable oil or Lard
- Form your dough into a circular shape and set in your Dutch Oven, cover with lid and allow to rest and double it's volume
- Add Coals to Dutch Oven and bake at 350F Degrees and Bake for roughly 20 minutes until a golden brown on top, rotating the lid every 5 minutes for an even bake.
- When cooked, remove the bread from the Oven and allow to cool before cutting and serving