Quick and simple yet hearty and delicious. This Campfire Cowboy Breakfast is sure to be a crowdpleaser and wake up those tastebuds early in the morning.
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 3 Large Potatoes, Shredded or Diced into Small Cubes
- 8 Eggs, Beaten
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 to 3 tsp ground red pepper (to taste), optional
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable oil (optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat Dutch Oven to 350 Degrees
- Add ground beef to Dutch oven and cook until cooked through then drain excess fat from the pan
- Add potatoes and onions along with all spices and continue to cook being sure to stir often with a spatula to keep mixture from sticking.
- Once potatoes are cooked through, add Vegetable (if desired) and add eggs to the pan.
- Continue to stir until eggs until scrambled to your liking.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve as is or on tortillas as breakfast tacos. Hot sauce recommended!