This easy-to-follow recipe is perfect for your next camping trip or outdoor gathering so pack up your Dutch oven, grab some peaches and get ready to indulge in the ultimate camping dessert experience.
- 4 cups sliced peaches (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat your Dutch oven by placing it on a bed of hot coals.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the peaches, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Pour the peach mixture into the Dutch oven.
- In the same bowl, mix together the flour, oats, and brown sugar.
- Pour the melted butter over the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture over the peaches in the Dutch oven.
- Place the Dutch oven on a bed of hot coals and cover with a lid.
- Cook for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the peaches are bubbly.
- Let cool for few minutes, then enjoy!