Often, nothing is more satisfying than a simple roasted chicken. We use chicken pieces and roast them to perfection, basted in lemon juice, butter and its own juices. Simply Excellent!
- 4 Large Idaho or Russet Potatoes, Cut into Length-wise Wedges
- 4 Lbs Chicken Pieces (We suggest skin-on, and feel free to use all thighs, all drums, Quarters or Breasts for this)
- 3 Tbsp Butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice from 3 Large Lemons (About 1/4 Cup)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- Preheat your Cast Iron Dutch oven to 350F Degrees
- Wash and cut potatoes in the wedges, lengthwise
- Pat Chicken Pieces Dry with a Paper Towel then lather all Chicken Pieces with softened butter
- In a small bowl, combine Oil, Lemon Juice, Salt, Pepper, Oregano, Thyme and mix well
- Use half of the oil mixture to coat the chicken pieces and the other half to coat your Potato Wedges
- First we'll sear the skin side of the chicken pieces by placing them skin side down in the Dutch Oven, close lid and bake Chicken only for 15 Minutes
- Open Lid, (don't flip chicken yet) and simply scoop up fat and juices with a spoon and baste chicken with juices. Close lid and continue Cooking another 10 Minutes.
- Open Lid again, flip your chicken pieces and add potatoes on top. Again, basting all ingredients with any fat and juices from the bottom.
- Close and bake another 25 Minutes or until your Potatoes are fully cooked.