Pie Irons are versatile and cream cheese is the perfect pair for any campfire dessert. Using sliced bread as our crusts, pair your preferred sweet jelly with a thin layer of cream cheese and toast over the coals.
Experiment with unique flavors too! Ever try Guava Jelly and Cream Cheese? It’s a favorite for the Caribbean islands. How about a Cheesecake turnover? Just add crumbled graham crackers and a sprinkle of sugar! The possibilities are truly endless!
- 2 Slices White Bread
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Plain Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 Tbsp Jelly or Jam
- Start your campfire or light 20-30 coals in a fire ring or grill
- Butter one side of each piece of toast (this side will lay on the pie iron)
- Take one slice of bread and Spread a layer of Cream Cheese Spread evenly across the non-buttered side
- On top of the Cream Cheese, spread your desired jelly flavor
- Top with the second slice of bread being sure that the buttered side of the bread slices is facing outward
- Using a cold/Place inside a pie iron