Even for the non-baker, this Simple Campfire Biscuits recipe is as easy as they come. Only calling for 3 ingredients, no need for yeast or waiting around for dough to rise. Just mix and plop into your Dutch Oven and you’ll have delicious biscuits in no time.
- 2 1/4 Cups - Self Rising Flour (we prefer this one)
- 1 Cup Milk or Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Cold Salted Butter, diced into small cubes
- Add flour to mixing bowl
- Add diced cold cubes of butter to the flour and use a fork or pastry cutter to smash the butter into the flour until texture becomes slightly course/clumped
- Add Milk or Buttermilk to the mixture and stir just until combined (10-15 seconds), do not over mix
- Scoop the mixture using a 1/4C measuring cup into your parchment-lined Dutch Oven (Recipe Should Yield 8 Biscuits)
- Cover Dutch Oven and add Coals, Cooking at High Heat for roughly 15 minutes.