Want something with a little more spice but not too spicy? This Green Chile Chuck Roast is the one for you.
- 5lb Chuck Roast
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, Diced
- 1 - 14.5oz Can, Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup (Two 4oz Cans) Hatch Green Chiles, diced
- 1 - 12oz Can Beer (Brown Ale or Porter)
- Preheat Dutch Oven to 350F Degrees
- Season Chuck Roast liberally with Salt and Pepper on all sides
- Add Oil to Dutch Oven and allow it to heat until glistening. Sear chuck Roast 2-3 Minutes on all sides
- Add rest of ingredients to Dutch Oven, being sure to agitate and loosen any food stuck to the bottom of the Dutch Oven
- Close lid and add coals to the top, Cooking at 350F Degrees for 2 hours being sure to replace spent coals as needed
- Remove from heat, cut and shred. Serve over rice or on corn or flour tortillas for a great taco!